Friday, May 19, 2006

Today I decided to take a challenge from one of my daily email devotions. It is to read the Bible every day for at least an hour a day. I am not sure I read for exactly an hour, but I did read the last several chapters of proverbs and the book of Ecclesiastes.

I am sure I have read it before, yet for some reason today I saw nuggets of truth I missed before. Just like the picture above says, I rejoiced in the Word as someone finding a great treasure.

It always amazes me at those times when I see something as if it's for the first time when I read the Word. I find myself wondering why sometimes we can read a passage and it doesn't seem to "hit home" and then you read it days or weeks later and it is so clear.

There is so much wisdom in the Bible, and if you have ever wondered if the Lord has a sense of humor, pick it up sometime and read it. It was given to us to teach us who God is, to show us the way to have a personal relationship with our creator, and to give us hope in times of trials.

It's a guide book on how to live our lives, what is important and what our very purpose is on earth. BasicInstructionsBeforeLeavingEarth.

Through it's pages we learn of the awesome love God has for us, His desire for us to have a relationship with Him and the extent of actions to bring that about...in the sacrifice of His only Son through beating and crucifixion.

I find hope, and love and encouragement every time I pick it up. I find out more about myself than I really want to know at times. I learn about mercy and forgiveness, grace and faith. I learn that every time I pick it up it never ceases to amaze me.

It holds the answers to all my questions, all my fears, my needs and my hope. The Word of God truly is a treasure to be sought after and one that I will rejoice over.

No comments: